Orcas Needs More Caregivers!
- More island seniors are getting older and have more needs.
- Our pool of island caregivers are getting older as well.
Why Would You Want to Be a Caregiver?
- You enjoy working with people and enjoy jobs where you have one-on-one interaction with others.
- You enjoyed taking care of elder family members and would like to help others in this way.
- You like older adults and feel you can get along well with a variety of elders.
- You like doing work that has the potential to make a difference in someone’s life.
- You can help elder island residents stay on Orcas.
Caregiver Training is Available on Orcas
In addition to creating and managing this website, Lahari provides training opportunities for Caregivers on Orcas. Lahari sponsors an online comprehensive Home Care Aide (HCA) course. Completion of this course is required if Washington State certification is desired. Lahari also delivers a series of classes on Orcas designed to meet the annual Continuing Education Units (CEU) requirements for Caregivers.
Visit http://www.laharionorcas.org/home/caregiver_training for information on the next class or to apply for an individual grant.